Alarm Event Reporting via e-mail

Does anyone know of any other software other than Homeseer that can send an e-mail on any house alarm event (ie: open, close, trouble, etc.)? I'm using a Napco P9600 panel. Thanks in advance for everyone's response.

Reply to
gascop69
Loading thread data ...

Heyu can. See

Reply to
Tom Stiller

really?

Reply to
Bob

Really! Heyu can trigger a shell script which can do whatever you want. Check out the man pages for version 2.

Reply to
Tom Stiller

Stargate

Reply to
BruceR

how do you trigger it from the napco?

Reply to
Bob

Wow! did I ever screw up! Please accept my apology.

Reply to
Tom Stiller

There's always central station alarm software. If you contact your alarm Dealer, he'll be able to advise you as to whether this is possible (depending on the software his CS is running). This would, of course be predicated on your having a monthly monitoring agreement. I would feel much more comfortable (personal opinion) in receiving an email notification from a trained CS operator that informed me that the appropriate emergency equipment was *enroute* rather than an email (or text message) telling me simply that the alarm was going off. The problem with receiving these types of messages is the possibility that a number of hours may have elapsed from when the message was sent to when you actually received it. "Fire Alarm" received two hours after the fact wouldn't leave you much in the way of a house when you finally got around to calling the trucks.

Reply to
Frank Olson

HAL2000 from

formatting link
is still available and supports the Napco 9600. The software may be on its last legs it seems, though.

CyberHouse from Savoy

formatting link
supports Napco 9600 and three other brands of security panels starting in 1998 but they've been out of the home market for ~nine years. CyberHouse is still better in some regards than HomeSeer in my opinion. Might be old licenses around. the latest service pack was released last month so they are still alive an kicking at an industrial level. I used a Napco 9600 with CyberHouse for about seven years.

Also the folks that developed the plug-in for HomeSeer used to sell a version that could be adapted to VB scripts if your need is simple and you can program in VBA or VBx.

Best option (that I know of) though, is Homeseer itself.

... Marc Visit my ongoing Home Automation and Electronics Internet Porch Sale at

formatting link

Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc_F_Hult

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.