802.11 wireless home security

Hello everybody,

I'd like to know about affordable wireless based security systems (802.11 standard).

I have an Internet broadband access and a good Linksys AP... yes, yes I know Linksys has a wireless cammera with special notification system of motion or sounds sending by e-mail attaching the video.

But as you know, d-link and lynksys systems are very expensive and I just want some device who detect motion or sound and transmit by wireless a notification alarm to my e-mail, just that, not video... jmmmmhmm but don't sound bad if this device send recorded voice from specific range of time. Other way is to detect opened main door and transmit it by 802.11 to the AP and send notification by Internet to my e-mail.

Thanks for any ideas or products.

Emont

Reply to
emontene
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dave Houston

Dave,

Not trying to argue but how can you break 802 and blue tooth so fast?

I've been trying to crack wep and its taken over a weak because of no traffic. I only have one laptop (XP) so I can't generate traffic. I know it would be much better without windows.

I know there are much better people then I but I'm playing around wth it abit.

Brian

formatting link

Reply to
Tech-Home

Question has been asked several times.

Search the archives....

Google is your friend ;)

Google >Dave,

Reply to
Dave Houston

I just want A DEVICE for survirllance using wireless technology no more, for the paranoid networkings, let me tell you, filtering the MAC and a good AP linksys with a good user admin password is enough.

I found some solutions who provides wireless motion detection and send the alarms by GSM network, so, I want some product that sends the alarm notification by e-mail using my broadband access by 802.11 (b or G or whathever) (unfurtunatelly tech that I found is in china...).

emont

Dave Houston ha escrito:

Reply to
emontene

Dream on.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Like Dave said, you must be kidding. What's even worse about the simple routers is their complete lack of any kind of security alterting. I can beat on my (or any other) wifi router until the cows come home and it'll never once burp an alert warning. As for MAC filtering, sniff out the ones currently in use and masquerade as one of them. Be patient. Most of the MAC addresses end up being on laptops or desktops that get powered off. Step right in, run even the most rudimentary brute force dictionary attacks and it's owned.

WiFi for home security seems like a terribly, ridiculously insecure idea.

Of course, all home security systems can be compromised. It's just a matter of how easily. I'd prefer a hard-wired system anyday over a completely wireless one. A bit of mix-and-match might be reasonable.

Reply to
wkearney99

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.