2414 INSTEON CONTROLLER

I am an electrical contractor and we installed a 2414 controller at a clients house.

For reasons that I do not understand we are having many problems and breakdowns.

Has anyone else experienced trouble with this controller. When talking to the factory they indicate no other users with my crazy issues (timers falling out of the unit).

Help me understand if the error lay with my work or the product.

Thanks

Reply to
foolslogic
Loading thread data ...

You need to provide more details. Are you using 2414S or 2414U? What software is in use? What are the details regarding "many problems and breakdowns"? What does "timers falling out of the unit" mean?

There were early reports of problems with keeping accurate time and with timers downloaded to the interface not functioning but I haven't seen any such reports recently. I think both issues were with the firmware in the units. They have a battery backed RTC chip (ST M41T81 with calibration registers) and see a zero crossing 120 times per second so they should be able to keep time accurately.

You might get a better resp>I am an electrical contractor and we installed a 2414 controller at a >clients house.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Thanks for the sane coment - answers are below:

We have put timers in the program using the InHomeFre - INSTEON Home Control Freeware. We tried the software supplied with the unit but it crashed repeatedly, on different machines and with different controllers. The timers stopped working after the client was away for a time. Upon looking at the timer, they appear to have been lost.

It is a USB unit

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
foolslogic

Reply to
Dave Houston

It was an Insteon tech support person who suggested the shareware. To her credit, she did accept a material return already on the unit.

All this leads me to th> Try the Insteon forum I cited. They seem to be pretty good at responding to

Reply to
foolslogic

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.