$20 Insteon dimmer switch

Yeah, but it doesn't tell us anything about Insteon's noise immunity other than 120kHz is too close to Insteon's 131.65kHz.

Unless some of the lurkers from SmartHome will enlighten us I'll have to try to borrow another starter kit and run further tests to see just what frequencies will jam it. This will have to wait as I have other th>Dave, that's exactly right. The Leviton tester I used sends discrete

Reply to
Dave Houston
Loading thread data ...

Thanks. I missed that.

Reply to
Dave Houston

X-No-archive: yes On 29 Dec 2005 08:09:17 GMT, *com (Dan Lanciani) used recycled pixels to say:

Bruce, any chance to try the DIM or BRIGHT as requested here?

------------------------------------------------ Autobot This Spammers!

mailto:postmaster@127.0.0.1 (to reply to actual address, dispense the dots before and after sirname.

Reply to
The Alien

Are there any specific tests I can run that would be helpful without having a frequency generator?

Reply to
BruceR

Yes, I did that - sorry I wasn't more clear about that. I tried dim/bright, off/on and address buttons from a maxi-controller. All of them jammed the Insteon signal if held down. However, that doesn't concern me too much as the more likely scenario would be a single X10 code conflicting in which case Insteon will try again. This weekend I will swap some X10 modules that only work when a filter is present on a nearby TV and see if Insteon performs well without the filters in place.

Reply to
BruceR

Reply to
Dave Houston

I finally pulled the electronic timers from the bathroom but they aren't the culprits - back to the drawing board on that one.

Reply to
BruceR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.