1132CU Information

Does anyone know what commands to send a Smarthome 1132CU X-10 interface in order to download timed events and macros? I know how to send and receive X-10 commands in real time, but not how to download "programmed" events.

Reply to
greenpjs
Loading thread data ...

Why not use the software that came with the 1132CU?

Reply to
Dave Houston

It is no longer supported and can't be easily installed on Vista or newer OS's. (It will actually *run* on newer OS's but won't install without a lot of trickery. It says, "Sorry, This is not a supported OS"). Also, it has old daylight saving time dates. Other than that, it's great. Besides, I write software as a hobby and like the challenge.

Reply to
greenpjs

I don't know their current policy but Smarthome only released low level programming details to registered developers. It cost about $200 to become a registered developer and there was an extremely restrictive non-disclosure clause preventing registered developers from divulging ANY programming details.

Where did you learn how to send/receive real-time X-10 commands? Perhaps you can get these other details there. Otherwise, your best bet is to run the Smarthome software and use a USB Sniffer program to examine the data - you did say you like a challenge.

Reply to
Dave Houston

I got my information from someone who reverse engineered it and wrote a program that ran under linux. His program is still available on source forge and references a PDF which I finally found. The PDF had an email address so I sent him a message asking if he had anything further. No response yet but the address was many years old so my request may not have reached him.

Regarding a USB sniffer, do you have any suggestions? I tried to install one last year and it totally screwed up my system. As a result, I'm a little gun shy about installing another.

Reply to
greenpjs

I've never had a need for a USB sniffer so I cannot recommend one. I did a Bing search on "usb sniffer" and got a lot of hits. Some were on SourceForge.

formatting link
I forgot to mention that there is a Smarthome forum. You might get some help there but you may also encounter Smarthome employees who will tell you to buy a developer license. Their policies may be more open on the 1132CU given that it does not support Insteon.

formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston

i think i have a computer program that will work check on the smarthome powerhome2 software [item # 1440] it was on sale for $75 when i was looking for software [i never needed it- i just reset the daylight setting] it looks like it will run a powerlinc x-10 system [what i have]

please post if it works i may be looking for software soon too

Does anyone know what commands to send a Smarthome 1132CU X-10 interface in order to download timed events and macros? I know how to send and receive X-10 commands in real time, but not how to download "programmed" events.

Reply to
herb5311

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.