Ping of Death - Sixty per day...???

Hi, I'm connected to the internet via a D-Link router. Since about six month I receive about sixty (yes 60) Ping of Death per day from different source IPs (many from each IP)... I'd like to know if there's a reason for this?

Any ideas?

neilSanner

Reply to
neilSanner
Loading thread data ...

They're tring to kill you????

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster

Hey Hey!

They should try to find another method though, since the router blocks those ping of deaths without any apparent problem. I'm just wondering why they do that and would like to know if they do it on purpose. I do a lot of bittorrent... Could it be related?

Thanks! neilsanner

Frankster wrote:

Reply to
neilSanner

He's trying to suggest to you that 60 per day (or even a high rate) is simply Internet background noise that's part of the usual everyday Internet. It's how it works.

Reply to
Anonymous

"neilSanner" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

If the router is blocking it and it's never reaching a machine behind the router, then why are you worried about it?

I suggest you lookup with Google what the Ping of Death attack means and how it works.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Internet noise...That makes sense.

Thanks everyone!

neilsanner

wrote:

Reply to
neilSanner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.