Sygate Firewall configuration file -- where is it?

hello,

I would like to configure Sygate Firewall and save all rules. I know that "Advanced rules" have the ability to export them to *.sar file. But how about "Application..." rules, "Options" settings etc? Are these settings stored somewhere? Any file? Registry perhaps? Would it work if I copied Sygate directory in order to replcace fresh Sygate installation directory with that one in future?

I would appreciate your answer.

thanks, geos

ps. Can anyone recommend a non-troublemaking firewall for Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition? I tried some firewalls (outpost included), and experienced horrible blue screens too often and data damage. After migrating to Sygate all problems disappeared. Sygate seems to work perfectly with Server systems but I would like to try some others. Does anyone have *checked recommendations* for firewall which works in Server environment?

Reply to
geos
Loading thread data ...

The easiest way to save Sygate's configuration and all settings etc is to just copy or backup all the .DAT files in the Sygate folder.

Reply to
Kerodo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.