I normally wouldn't consider this to be the right forum for a specific product, but I'm really stuck. SonicWALL support is just awful and I'm getting pretty frustrated here. Here's the story:
- We have a number of servers that serve out a public service.
- Each server has a public IP address on 220.127.116.11/26 with a default gateway of 18.104.22.168 (our ISPs gateway)
- Each server also has a "back tier" connection of 10.10.1.0/24. There is no gateway out of this subnet.
- Currently we firewall by setting ACLs on the switch
We bought a pair of PRO 3060s to take care of our firewall needs and I was told that this firewall could just slip into our current setup. It was described as follows:
- 100Mb ISP link goes into the WAN port of the 3060 (this link is currently in our switch)
- Link goes from the LAN port on the 3060 to our switch
- We configure the server in "Transparent Mode" placing an IP of22.214.171.124 on the 3060 and the range from 126.96.36.199-63 on "IntraNet"
Is this correct? Because if it is, it doesn't work. What ends up happening is the arp entry on each server for the default gateway (188.8.131.52) ends up being being mapped to the MAC of the 3060 and all servers lose connectivity.
I really need help here and the support system that they have is just awful. They're friendly, but I feel that they're more interested in finding a way to fling the issue back on my lap so I have to wait another 24 hours for a response (jokes like "We will need your serial number before we can continue" and things like that).
Thanks guys. I hope someone can help.