basic networking concept help

Hi group~ I am looking for some help on some basic concepts and was hoping someone or a few of you would join in to help. I want to set up a dmz using a front and back end exchange server, web server and put a ftp server in the dmz as well. My questions at this point are more about the networking side of things like routing the subnets etc. I was thinking that I would use this setup (and this is the hardware I have available):

2 firewalls- router ip->firewall 1 outside (public) ip. Both public addresses on the same subnet. firewall 1 inside (private) ip 10.0.0.x 255.255.255.0 with a gateway of the router ip. exchange and ftp servers with 10.0.0.x addresses with a gateway of the firewall 1 private address firewall 1 inside ip and these servers on the same switch with firewall 2 outside interface on the same switch as well. firewall 2 outside ip 10.0.0.x (same subnet as firewall 1 inside much with a gateway of the firewall 1 inside address. firewall 2 inside address 10.0.1.x 255.255.255.0 and all other machines on that ip scheme. all machines inside have a gateway of the inside firewall 2 address. so first off, is this correct so far? secondly, dns... just set my dns address for the dmz machine to the addresses they have and they should do just fine right? thanks in advance!
Reply to
matthew kerner
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.