SonicWall Firewall

Hello All,

Many firewalls are basing there cost and level of service on "Connections per Second" (C.P.S.). I was wondering if anyone else has determined how many C.P.S. they are using and how they determined it. I can look at all kinds of stats but I don't believe I have ever seen C.P.S. shown as a stat. One firewall we're looking at can handle

6,000 another 32,000 C.P.S. It's a big jump in money to go from one to the other. I get about 5-7,000 visitors to our inhouse hosted web site and have about 50 users. I know that a single user generates muliple connections. I just don't know how I would determine how much capacity I need. Money is an object and that's why I'm considering the lower model.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Garrett
Loading thread data ...

If money is an important variable, why are you considering Sonicwall in the first place?

Why don't you have a look at ZyXEL or Hotbrick?

ZyXEL:

formatting link
HotBrick:
formatting link
And, then, don't forget to use Froogle fo tind the lowest cost reseller:
formatting link

Reply to
shopping.nowthor.com

Garrett,

What is your budget for a firewall? Are you just looking for the cheapest thing, or are you looking for the best value for the money? Are you married to Sonicwalls or are you consider other solutions?

Reply to
FW_Engineer

I've had no problem with several hundred Internet hungry people behind a Sonicwall model 2040 before. I think a TZ170 may even be able to handle 50 people just fine, provided you get a good license.

-Robert

Reply to
Rob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.