Smoothwall firewall

I have set up a Smoothwall firewall box. I use ServersAlive to monitor my home network, This includes a ping and a web page check of the Smoothwall box. I check the lan and wan ip addresses. Today I couldm't ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. It seemed like the box was working because I could access the internet, I rebooted the box and the ping and web page worked... What was wrong with Smoothwall?? I started a log of the date and time I've rebooted the box to see how long it will stay up and working. Any pointers/ideas as to what I can do??

Thanks

Reply to
gene martinez
Loading thread data ...

Determine if the web server was running. Look at the logs. Ensure that your machine meets the minumum spec. Dump the Smoothwall and install IPCOP

Reply to
Mike

Let's try to detect the cause of your problem; restart the monitoring and as soon as you'll see the problem again, move to another machine on the LAN and try pinging and/or accessing the smootie web page, if that works, maybe you have some connectivity issues on your LAN (maybe DHCP related ?)

Reply to
ObiWan

Thanks, we'll see what happens. At least I started a log.. :)

Reply to
gene martinez

Reply to
ObiWan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.