Secure server

I have a network with firewall. My internal workstations have access ton Internet. I will like to add a sever on the internal network which should not have an access to Internet. Only internal computers should have access to this server. Do I need to setup a second firewall?

Thanks

Reply to
mk
Loading thread data ...

Most firewalls are able to do the appropriate blocking (supposing that the server does not "spoof" the address of a different machine.)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

hmm,

well, i th> In article ,

appropriate blocking (supposing

Reply to
c0rn_phlex

I would like to fully isolate server from Internet (both ways). I am using a Linux box as a firewall. Maybe third NIC will solve my problem. My current setup include 3 networks (one is physically isolated from Internet). This works well but each user has two computers (one with connection to Internet (behind firewall) and second one connected only to separate internal server (without Internet). Ideally I will like to have just one workstation per user (with connection to Internet and secure server) but I cannot sacrifice security of my internal server.

c0rn_phlex wrote:

Reply to
mk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.