Repeated access attempts from my machine to 0.0.12.0:137

My Hardware router/firewall has reported recent probing attempts from the same address...none have succeded...If they did, they would run into the software backup firewall....getting really bad out there!

Reply to
Heywood
Loading thread data ...

Whois info: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority

4676 Admiralty Way Marina del Reu, Ca.
Reply to
Casey

I have just very reluctantly re-installed ZA on my machine after a couple of bits of nasty shit found their way onto my machine.

I keep getting alerts saying that my machine tried to reach 0.0.12.0 Port 137. Anyone know what this could be?

Cheers

Paul BJ

Reply to
Paul Brownjohn

Thanks but that does not help me all that much. What is the significance of it trying repeatedly to that IP

Paul

Reply to
Paul Brownjohn

Network 0.0.0.0/8 is reserved by IANA (the address 0.0.0.0 means 'I do not know my own address' when used by a DHCP or BOOTP client to find the boot server, while a _network_ address of 0.0.0.0/0 is the 'default' or 'all networks') and is blocked by any sanely configured router. This means it can't be going out onto the Internet. It's also highly unlikely to be passed along to your ISP.

My _guess_ would be that you've 'fumble-fingered' a configuration somewhere, but there is not enough information to say where.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

LOL... Pointless info - anyone can see by the number that it's a reserved address..

Reply to
T. Sean Weintz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.