PeerGuardian P2P "LA County Sheriff's Office" and "ISPrime Inc" and "Beyone the Network Americas"

I get a LOT of hits in PeerGuardian for ISPrime Inc[Trojan] Beyond The Network America, Inc Pilosoft, Inc[CWS Hijacks] LA County Sheriffs etc.

But I don't see more than a couple of entries in all of google land.

Does this mean they are targeting me? Or is this normal for everyone to get these so that's why it's not in the google record?

Please tell me as I'm scared about what I just downloaded last week.

2007-09-06 01:29:55;ISPrime Inc[Trojan infested];192.168.1.2:2560;66.230.129.254:80;TCP;Blocked

2007-09-06 10:05:02;Beyond The Network America, Inc;192.168.1.2:3925;209.8.166.81:80;TCP;Blocked

2007-09-06 11:14:39;Pilosoft, Inc[CWS Hijacks];192.168.1.2:2607;69.31.82.74:80;TCP;Blocked
Reply to
John Inzer
Loading thread data ...

If I change my IP address, will that throw them off the track? Or do I have to change my ROUTER'S MAC and ROUTER'S NAME also?

Reply to
John Inzer

You need to stop posting to groups that dont have anything to do with your paranoia.:)

Reply to
Lew/+Silat

You need to change your MAC address every time you download a P2P offering. That way, they can't track you.

Reply to
Davey Jones

I have an iMac, how do I change it's mac address? Can I just take it to a friends house?

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
unclemon

Not specifically you. They're also spying me and everyone. :-) Be sure to have pg active and http blocking enabled, while you're using a p2p or torrent client.

Unfortunately is normal, so be sure you're making your precautions! (pg2) :-)

Reply to
Elf Wizard

You change the MAC address of the router, not the computer, before and after every P2P download.

Reply to
Emily Alsop

What I don't understand is that I get hits like this even when I haven't downloaded anything in weeks.

Do they "remember" us somehow and then keep trying even if our bit torrent client isn't working?

I guess I'm asking what does it actually mean when we get a hit from, say, the "LA County Sheriff's Office"?

Are they hitting everyone?

Reply to
bikerboy

There's quite a lot more background "noise" on the Internet than you might expect. Plus hopeful hackers performing wide area port scans. Possible you're seeing some of this.

IP addresses can be spoofed and not refer back to the real sender. Alternatively some malware may have entered an innocent owner's machine and it is sending out what you are seeing.

Worry? I wouldn't worry if I saw this on my connection. I don't know how well protected your machine is so I can't say if you need to worry. At a *guess*, is probably not a problem for you.

Reply to
Franklin

ZOOM! Right over your head. ROFLAO

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
unclemon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.