PeerGuardian constantly blocks Declude Inc. only for me

I don't see anyone on google who has asked this question ever but I'm amazed if I'm being targeted by anyone.

I try to use "netstat -ban" to view connections to and from my WinXP PC but netstat gives only one quick snapshot in time so it misses a lot.

In searching for a program which will log all the "connections" to/from my computer, I found on SourceForge freeware called the "PeerGuardian2" firewall for Windows XP (FAQ

formatting link

Instantly after installing PeerGuardian, I was shocked at what I see connecting to/from my computer! But one entry in particular frustrates me.

Can you help me ascertain who or what is connecting to me?

Most of the connections, when I look them up, have been reported before in the usenet newsgroups but one.

The one that doesn't seem to have a google record is the google search: "PeerGuardian Declude, Inc."

Specifically, PeerGuardian constantly logs hits such as: Time: Range: Source: Destination: Protocol: Action:

15:23:12 Declude, Inc 192.168.1.2:3866 70.87.188.180:80 TCP Blocked 15:23:12 Declude, Inc 192.168.1.2:3872 70.87.188.180:80 TCP Blocked 15:23:12 Declude, Inc 192.168.1.2:3887 70.87.188.180:80 TCP Blocked etc.

Two things initially puzzle me. The first is these seem to be OUTGOING connections but I didn't ask to connect to anything (I tested it right after a reboot with nothing running overtly and no web pages up). The second is that Declude, Inc. appears to sell email security software but I didn't order any email security software (News at

formatting link

Why am I the only one trying to google for "Declude Inc" TCP:80 attacks?

donnie

Reply to
donnie
Loading thread data ...

Have you gone through Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel to double check to see if maybe you have a free trial of their mailprotector program installed? If so, it may be trying to perform an autoupdate by connecting to that IP's web address.

Also maybe try to use regedit and search for key values that include "Declude"

James

formatting link

Reply to
James

I couldn't find program entries for "Declude, Inc" using the WinXP add/remove applet but Windows XP is notorious for missing installed programs.

So I tried the better crap-cleaner add/remove freeware (features

formatting link
which found a LOT more installed programs but not anything starting with Declude.

So, it doesn't look like Declude is a program I installed on purpose.

Is there any way to see if Declude is pinging anyone else constantly?

donnie

Reply to
donnie

Nothing called "Declude, Inc" in regedit but WinXP regedit is notorious for missing keys for example hex or ascii equivalents so I installed the Nirsoft freeware (download

formatting link
Even Nirsoft came up empty.

Why would declude inc be attacking my pc ports.

Better yet, is there a better program than peerguardian for logging each and every incoming and outgoing connection to/from my computer?

donnie

Reply to
donnie

Try running netstat with a numerical value (x) after it and it should run recurrently at (x) seconds. Sometimes I use "netstat -t 5" to get a list of my TCP connections only, at an interval of every 5 seconds. You could also maybe try a netstat -options (x) > somefile.log to log the output of your netstat into a logfile you can reference later as well.

James

formatting link

Reply to
James

Seems like the scaremonging works.

Where exactly is your problem with typing "netstat"?

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

They are not. You mentioned yourself that those were outgoing conections.

IMHO, for your purpose everything that only logs and does not try to intelligently act upon it would be better. I just out of curiousity had a look at PG2. This is not something you should be using unless you really know what you are doing. Otherwise you will just break your network connections.

Reply to
B. Nice

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.