NAT redundant w/firewall?

formatting link
> > > > > ily.pdf

Are you always so hard to communicate with - do you always find a reason to attack people when you know their post was not directed at the diversionary angle you attempted to take it?

SOHO means a business, typically one that is claimed as schedule C on your 1040 or as a LLC of some type.

Reply to
Leythos
Loading thread data ...

Who's attacking you?

You said, "The WatchGuard X500 is the minimum I would start a SOHO business out on, at least one that I wanted to feel as though I protected them. The X700 is my normal starting point for any business of other type, meaning larger than a home based business."

When I think SOHO, I think of a broad range of businesses, not just computer based.

While it's now clear that you were referring to more elaborate SOHOs (Residential users don't normally have more than 1 Public IP, so the Netgear Part #FVL328 would be a perfect Home User firewall.), your initial statement was challenged.

For someone who frequently picks fights, you've sure got a short fuse.

Notan

Reply to
Notan

I don't have a short fuse and I don't pick ANY fights, I just state facts, and mark opinions as such.

If the business, any type, is worth anything, then a simple $1000 to protect the network resources of that business would fit into the business plan and the ROI could be as short as a day and as long as a year - which is a good ROI (please google for ROI if you don't know what it is).

I also know residential users that own X500 units, X700 units and the older Firebox III/1000 units for their homes and don't even have businesses.

Reply to
Leythos

Fine. You don't pick fights. It's everyone else.

(Among other things, I'd imagine that very few people appreciate your snide little remarks. (e.g., "Please Google..."))

The only thing I said was, "For the vast majority of home users, you're *way* out of the financial ballpark."

I stand my ground.

By the way, you seem to have difficulty undersatnding the difference between "facts" and "opinions."

Try Google.

Notan

Reply to
Notan

And you seem to keep missing that I was NOT addressing HOME USERS, as HOME USERS ARE NOT SOHO CLASS.

Reply to
Leythos

You wouldn't happen to be the same person who very recently wrote....

(Quite)If Google's the way to go (and, I agree, it very often is), how 'bout a simple response of "Google," rather than some snide remark.

Notan (/Quote)

And now you are saying that Leythos telling someone to google *is* a snide remark? E.

Reply to
E.

It's all in the tone.

Notan

Reply to
Notan

What else?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

I guess that Small OFFICE, Home OFFICE doesn't mean anything to you - notice the key word here "OFFICE".

Why are you such an a$$?

Reply to
Leythos

I guess I could as the same question of you.

While you seem to refer to SOHO as something well defined, I'm looking at it as *any* type of office that someone sets up in their home.

Could be big, could be small. Could be a highly technical repair facility, could be a room with nothing more than a desk and phone. Etc., etc.

My comment of, "For the vast majority of home users...," was for the latter group in the above examples, to which you responded, "I didn't put the X500 in the Home user market, I put it in the SOHO market."

Why can't the two be the same?

Are we just arguing about semantics?

Notan

Reply to
Notan

Except you are the one butting into a thread and starting the confrontational BS.

Yep, but, you notice, the word OFFICE. OFFICE generally rules out HOME users, but it appears you want to argue more than anything.

For the same reason that Cars are not Trucks and Trolls are not good members of the community.

No, you're just wrong.

Reply to
Leythos

Now I know you're just in this for the sake of arguing.

Since when does OFFICE rule out HOME users?

SOHO... HOME OFFICE.

Fine.

You're right, I'm wrong.

Goodnight.

Notan

Reply to
Notan

You really are a argumentative type. I was talking with someone about NAT, about quality solutions, and about Servers being protected by NAT.

I posted a solution for him, based on what we were discussing, and I suggested something that fit his needs.

I also suggested that the X500 was the minimum that I would install for a SOHO Business that wanted a quality solution:

Notice I've not mentioned anything about Residential, Home users, Mom and Pop, etc... The entire thread was about the OP's protecting his servers, not about a 14y/o kid being protected while using mom's computer.

SOHO means a business of some type, not the lady in your neighborhood that has 15 kids and sells their old clothes on Ebay after the kids go to bed or that chats with men from Russia that want to find a wife in America.....

Instead of injecting CRAP into a thread, just stay out. Your point didn't have anything to do with the thread, didn't have anything to do with a quality solution for a SOHO Business, etc....

The X500 is what I consider a quality solution for a SOHO business, and that means exactly what I said.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.