Master Critical Firewall Security Skills

Pre-register for this upcoming Webcast on SearchSecurity.com:

** Master Critical Firewall Security Skills

Click here:

formatting link
==================================================================== WEBCAST #1: Master Critical Firewall Security Skills ==================================================================== WHEN: March 7, 2006 at 2:00 PM EST (1900 GMT) SPEAKER: Michael Gregg, CISSP, CIW Security Analyst, MCSE, CCNA, CTT+, CEH, NSA, IAM SPONSOR: Villanova University Online
formatting link
ABOUT THIS VENDOR WEBCAST: Mastering network security and firewall concepts will dramatically improve your organization's ability to defend unwanted attacks. This Webcast will help you gain a better understanding of the impact firewall security has in business today and examines how you can successfully implement a firewall development program.

PRE-REGISTER TODAY:

formatting link
==================================================================== NOTE: To access this Webcast, you must: Disable pop up blockers; Disable firewalls blocking streaming media/audio. ====================================================================

=================================================================== To subscribe to "Security Alert" go to:

formatting link
Not a SearchSecurity.com member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription. ===================================================================

::::::::::::::::::::: ABOUT THIS NEWSLETTER :::::::::::::::::::::: This e-newsletter is published by SearchSecurity.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company. TechTarget offers magazines, Web sites, e-newsletters, Webcasts and conferences for enterprise IT professionals. Copyright 2006 TechTarget. All rights reserved. _____________________________________________________________________

Reply to
Ron Lopshire
Loading thread data ...

"Drop your shorts and bend over so we can teach you".

That's got to be about the most stupid concept ever. If your company had any concept of security, you would not require dropping the firewall, AND IF THERE WERE NO OTHER WAY, you should identify the specific IP addresses allowed. If you don't think your "customers" have the skill level to do that, show them how at your registration site.

So we have an individual registered in Lebanon, Ohio flogging some company that claims to be in Needham, Mass... with the sponsorship of Villanova University Online (villanovau.com in Tampa, Florida) not to be confused with Villanova University (villanova.edu in Villanova, Penn.).

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

I won't snip, because I don't want anything taken out of context.

I posted this in haste, and should have added the caveats about the RealPlayer. I think that you misread the notice. There is no reason to disable the firewall, just let the streaming output through. For those who use a RealPlayer online, this is the first Webcast from SearchSecurity.com that I have seen specific to firewalls, and I thought that this Webcast might be of interest to some in this NG.

I subscribed to SearchSecurity.com way back when because there were several Webcasts that I was interested in hearing including a couple from Eugene Kaspersky. Since then, these, among others, have been the sponsors:

McAfee, Inc. Symantec Corporation Novell, Inc. PGP Corporation Guardium, Inc.

Although I was not fond of being forced to use RealPlayer, it appeared to me that the sponsors were a Who's Who of the security community, and I never gave any thought to there being anything untoward. As I said, I apologize for the RealPlayer.

I am sorry that you don't care for Lebanon, Ohio. Since Lorna and I left Lansing, Michigan and Michigan State University in the early

1990's, we have found Lebanon to be a great place to entertain our children and grandchildren several times each year. As you point out, though, it is not Philly.

Ron Lopshire |)

Reply to
Ron Lopshire

Gee, if I'd known I could master network security and firewall concepts as well learn how to successfully implement a firewall development program by watching a webcast, I could have saved a lot of time training and working...

Silly me.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Russ,

Then you are just the person to watch and listen to this webcast and see if this guy knows what he is talking about. Or not. See my other post in this thread. It was meant for both you and Old guy.

Ron :)

Reply to
Ron Lopshire

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.