DOD News Release: Hawai‘i Office of Homeland Security Hosts Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Workshop [telecom]

Posted on Apr 28, 2022

KAPOLEI, Hawai'i - The State of Hawaii Office of Homeland Security (OHS) was honored to host more than 75 individuals at Tuesday's Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Workshop, held in Kapolei. Key leaders from federal law enforcement, U.S. Indo-Pacific Command, Board of Water Supply, the Hawai'i State Fusion Center (HSFC), Hawai'i Emergency Management Agency (HIEMA), and the Hawai'i State Energy Office (HSEO) were in attendance, in addition to private enterprise representatives from Hawaiian Electric, Hawaiian Airlines, Hawaiian Telcom, Verizon Wireless, Hawai'i Gas, and AT&T.

The half-day session focused on critical infrastructure vulnerabilities, security, and incident response, with key presentations by OHS Administrator Frank Pace, HSFC Director Kevin Baggs, HSEO Chief Energy Officer Scott Glenn, and OHS Planning and Operations Branch Chief Jimmie Collins. The workshop was opened by State Adjutant General, Maj. Gen. Kenneth Hara, with closing remarks from Governor David Ige.

"The point of today's workshop is not a reaction to either global events, or even those locally here in Hawai'i," said Pace. "It is the next step in what has been a yearlong process by the Office of Homeland Security, along with our many partners, to make Hawai'i more resilient, better protected, and collectively more responsive in the face evolving threats against our critical infrastructure."

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.