managing multiple firewalls

I work for an educational institition administrating multiple firewall platforms from FWSM PIX 501,506,515 netscreen etc. I was wondering if anyone is familiar if there is a centralized management tool to manage all the firewalls. i have seen the CiscoWorks Management Center for PIX

Firewalls but i would like to see if i have other options to go with. Any help or ideas would be helpfull

Reply to
dimitrikas
Loading thread data ...

I work for an educational institition administrating multiple firewall platforms from FWSM PIX 501,506,515 netscreen etc. I was wondering if anyone is familiar if there is a centralized management tool to manage all the firewalls. i have seen the CiscoWorks Management Center for PIX

Firewalls but i would like to see if i have other options to go with. Any help or ideas would be helpfull

Reply to
dimitrikas

In article , wrote: :I work for an educational institition administrating multiple firewall :platforms from FWSM PIX 501,506,515 netscreen etc. I was wondering if :anyone is familiar if there is a centralized management tool to manage :all the firewalls. i have seen the CiscoWorks Management Center for PIX :Firewalls but i would like to see if i have other options to go with.

One option is solsoft.com's policy-based management. List price is certainly not cheap, but there is a substantial discount available if you can do a straight purchase skipping an "evaluation" process.

I have not had any experience running SolSoft myself. I encountered the product only a few weeks ago, when I posted a laundry-list of features I would like to comp.dcom.sys.cisco, and someone referred me to them -- their software appears to handle everything on my list.

Cisco has CiscoWorks VMS (VPN Management Server), which appears that it would be useful for automatic deployment of configurations, but still suffers from exponential explosion of configuration changes (at least if you want to keep the configurations consistant.)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.