KAV and KAH with Azureus Bittorrent

Hi all, I've started using Bittorrent software called Azureus. I'm using Kaspersky Anti-Hacker and Kaspersky Antivirus. When i goto download a file from the torrent, KAH tells me that i'm being "Land Attacked" and that it has succesfully been repulsed (this stops after about 2 warnings).... this annoys me, so when I use the Azureus I "Allow all" (temporary) in KAH. Now KAV cries at me with the same warning (since KAV has inbuilt network attack protection)... so I've decided to disable the network protection function in KAV. Is this safe??... Im running behind this:

formatting link
Thanks all, Shay.... (Ireland)

Reply to
Shay
Loading thread data ...

I have the most recent firmware for my router... I've checked the logs and they've recorded nothing... i've also scanned with grc and all ports are stealth??

Shay.

Reply to
Shay

LAND is an old denial-of-service attack, patches are available, see:

formatting link
If the NAT router is configured correctly, it should block packets coming from the WAN side having a source IP belonging on the LAN side. Maybe something missing in the routers ruleset? Firmware update?

/Rolf

Reply to
Rolf Blom

Stealth or not is irrelevant in this case, you are getting these packets on the port you open for bittorrent. Maybe MPAA is trying to give you a hard time? :)

Or it could be just a bad bittorrent configuration, if an external user is also behind a NAT with the same address as you. Anyway, there is probably no way of connecting back, so why not block it?

Somewhere in your router you should have a ruleset for blocking when "WAN source adress=LAN target address". Perhaps it's part of the SPI options?

Oh...and I see the patches may not be in place for Windows yet; even though it's an old exploit, it seems to have revived; maybe Microsoft didn't test their latest releases for the old vulnerabilities.

I suggest you let KAH/KAV block it until your OS is patched, if you can't stop it at the router.

/Rolf

Reply to
Rolf Blom

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.