Kapersky Internet Suite

#On 11/07/2007 1:58 pm, Sebastian G. wrote: # #> nailer wrote: #> #>> so, what is YOUR recommendation, Sebastian? #> #> #> First you should fix your quoting. #> #>> Any working solution? #> #> #> Next would be flattening the system, it's hopelessly lost. Next... uhm... #> well, actually you don't need anything special. Configure the system #> correctly, shut down unnecessary services, use non-broken software, and #> never start harassing the system with pseudo security software again. # #I love lurking in this forum. You never learn anything at all from #Sebastian G.; you learn that everything is a load of rubbish and #everyone is an idiot, but he never tells you what that Godly expert #would do instead. Probably because he hasn't got a clue what to do #instead but just like the sound of his own loud voice (or the sight of #his own typing). "You don't want to do this", "You don't want to do #that". S.G. You're not related to Harry Enfield by any chance, are you?

agreed, I just gave him a chance to come to the same conclusion.

Reply to
nailer
Loading thread data ...

Kaspersky is great whether you get the AV or the full package, I have used both before and really i found I have fewer problems using spybot s&d adaware pro and a good firewall software the only thing i liked better about kaspersky Internet suite is that the spyware protection is realtime so that it will keep alot of different spyware from infecting your system where as spybot and adaware are post-infection removal tools (although spybot does have an immunize feature in my experience it doesn't work very well, i've seen many systems infected with spyware that is in the immunize list). KIS firewall is fairly top notch as well, really verging on linux like paranoia which there is nothing wrong with that either. personally on my main machine that goes out via various protocols to connect to work etc. i use KIS and still use spybot, adaware and about a dozen other tools to keep the machines secure but on most of my machines just kaspersky and spybot, etc.

It really comes down to how much security do you want/need for what you are doing with your system personally i perfer the free software and take the time to edit the services and such that system is using to ensure security that way and I also have made sure to have a firewall at the router level and at the system level.

Hope this helps

Brett snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
suraku

The bluescreen you get when calling NtCreateProcess(NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL) rather looks like it's pure crap.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

What business is this of yours as to what this person is posting?

It's to the point that you are misusing and abusing that no one is paying attention to you anymore. And it's sad man it really is.

Are you no better than this?

Is this what you want?

Can you change or are you this messed up?

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

What is this supposed to mean? Is it Martian, or something?

Reply to
Wilf

It is absolutely normal C code. The one you write and compile to audit the security of the kernel drivers installed by a software that claims to provide security.

As for the above, it allows a non-admin user to crash the a system with KAV or KIS installed. Some other known defects are claimed to provide privilege escalation.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

In message at 19:35:52 on Sun, 15 Jul 2007, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote

Thanks for your informative reply. I am running the trial of KIS at the moment, and really like it, although I really would like to see password protection when a new program it hasn't seen before wants to connect to the internet

Reply to
Mike

Not sure what you mean by this, but if you have the firewall (antihacker) section set to run in Training Mode it certainly detects and warns of attempts by new programs to access the internet.

Reply to
Wilf

In message at 22:17:33 on Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Wilf wrote

Yes I am in training mode, but you can accept the connection without knowing the Kapersky password. This stems back from when the Mrs downloaded a sort of virus, then she told ZoneAlarm to allow this new program that appeared to access the internet. You can do a similar thing in KIS as far as I can tell

Reply to
Mike

Yes, I think you are right. Not aware that the password protection extends to this. You could ask on the Kaspersky forum where the folks are very responsive and will certainly be able to answer this question.

formatting link

Reply to
Wilf

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.