Good Dual wan router/gateway options? (from practical experience, lockup free etc)

We have a dual wan router from Symantec (460R).. it doesn't have the aggregate function where the lines combine to become a bigger pipe.

This unit works well for the most part, except that it seems you need to use their brand of VPN client (IPSEC) software in order to use their vpn.

The biggest problem with this unit, is that for no reason about every week or two the unit will drop the internet connection if onsite/ behind the firewall.. if your offsite, I can still connect to the router itself via its admin wan page (if onsite the router fails to ping via its in house ip address).

I've come to the conclusion that perhaps this router is just junk and has too many issues..

I had researched dual wan routers before, thinking this was a good choice.

Can anyone recommend from practical experience and not necessarily reviews.. a good dual wan router alternative.. either aggregating or not.. hopefully one with universal (software) ipsec vpn support as well. (price wise, i'm not sure its a big issue, we did pay around $600 for this unit)

We also had a xincom in the past, but ran into issues with it as well.

Thanks

Reply to
markm75
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.