IPCop alternatives ?

Check out m0n0wall...

formatting link

Reply to
DevilsPGD
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I' looking for something like IPCop ( which has a realy beautyful web-gui ) which is "more a generic router"

I''d like to have also web-adminable routing between all available interfaces not to be limited to some Colors.

It should be free and based on iptables.

( I intentionally avoid smoothwall )

any suggestions ?

kind regards,

Stefan

Reply to
Stefan Sczekalla-Waldschmidt

Why are you ruling out monowall or pfsense ?

formatting link

formatting link

greg

Reply to
Greg Hennessy

Hi Gre,

Greg Hennessy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well - we tried to try out m0n0wall. no luck - because at the console- login where no key-inputs possible - keybord was dead.

- and that machine runs an ip-cop test-setup very well....

we will have a look at pfsense - i haven't had heard of it before.

at the moment I'm using OpenBSD for firewalling, but my collegues are somewhat swamped with doing things the command-line-way.

I'm not shure about ipfw opposit to pf and iptables - on a first glance iptables looks most flexible while pf seems most robust ...

I already thought about An OpenBSD-Box with webmin - but In this case the Setup could possibly run into trouble caused by to less experiences ...

hard to decide what to take...

More Ideas / thoughts are welcome.

Kind regards

Stefan

Reply to
Stefan Sczekalla-Waldschmidt

You don't need to input anything into the console. Just connect up a PC to each of the NICs until you can get an IP via DHCP. Once you do, hit the web interface and you're good to go.

Reply to
DevilsPGD

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.