Forwarding more then one mail server and two different domains

I have a situation where i have a Fortinet 50a Firewall 1 interface to the world and on into the LAN I am requested to forward and manage two different phisical mail servers of two different customers behind that firewall .

My question is , is there a logical way ( base on having only one interface to the world or into the network ...) to manage SMTP forwarding into two different mail domains ? If it is a stupid question then im stupid till i'll know the answer , i do not care :-) Thanks Much

Reply to
Gavriel
Loading thread data ...

I have a situation where i have a Fortinet 50a Firewall 1 interface to the world and on into the LAN I am requested to forward and manage two different phisical mail servers of two different customers behind that firewall .

My question is , is there a logical way ( base on having only one interface to the world or into the network ...) to manage SMTP forwarding into two different mail domains ? If it is a stupid question then im stupid till i'll know the answer , i do not care :-) Thanks Much

Reply to
Gavriel

There isn't much you can do with the Fortinet itself, you'll need some help from your next hop... some sort of server to hold your mail queue that your inside server can talk to. Because you can only forward the smtp port to one of the servers if you only have one public IP. Alternately if your ISP can map the port for your somehow perhaps with their devices and you can translate it back on the Fortinet. But by itself, with no changes outside, there isn't anything you can do to recieve mail on both servers.

Hopefully a mail admin type can chime in with some tricks for changing the incoming traffic to an alternate port that you can then map as a new VIP port forward in to the second mail server...

Or perhaps you can configure the first domain mail server to forward mail on to the second one? Then both mx records could point to the same IP.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.