firewall synchronization not properly working on RainWall/CheckPoint's firewall cluster

Dear experts,

I had a problem with our firewall cluster which doesn't work properly due to the synchronization error as stated below:

*fwe3 firewall* Apr 13 11:05:40 fwe3xxx.xxxx.xx fw: [ID 544343 kern.notice] CPHA: Found another machine with same cluster ID. There is probably another cluster Apr 13 11:05:40 fwe3xxx.xxxx.xx connected to the same switch/hub as this one. Apr 13 11:05:40 fwe3xxx.xxxx.xx fw: [ID 407823 kern.notice] CPHA: This is an illegal configuration. Each cluster should be connected to another set of switches/hubs.

The firewall's H.A link detected that its partner is down.

Cluster Mode: Sync only (OPSEC)

Number Unique Address Firewall State (*)

1 10.1.0.1 down 2 (local) 10.1.0.3 active

(*) FW-1 monitors only the sync operation and the security policy Use OPSEC's monitoring tool to get the cluster status

and it is similar to fwe1 firewall as shown below.

*fwe1 firewall

*Apr 13 11:05:30 fwe1xxx.xxxx.xx fw: CPHA: Found another machine with same cluster ID. There is probably another cluster Apr 13 11:05:30 fwe1xxx.xxxx.xx connected to the same switch/hub as this one. Apr 13 11:05:30 fwe1xxx.xxxx.xx fw: CPHA: This is an illegal configuration. Each cluster should be connected to another set of switches/hubs.

Cluster Mode: Sync only (OPSEC)

Number Unique Address Firewall State (*)

1(local) 10.1.0.1 active 2 10.1.0.3 down

(*) FW-1 monitors only the sync operation and the security policy Use OPSEC's monitoring tool to get the cluster status

How to fix this? FYI, I'm using RainWall 3.1 SP5 and Check Point NG AI R55 HFA15. Please help me on this matter.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Al

Reply to
pop_alex
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.