Exe inside a Zip -- will some firewalls reject it.

I have been told by people at some companies that they cannot receive email with attachmented zip files when exe files are inside the zip.

Additionally I have tried to publish a web containing more than one zipped exe file, using Microsoft FrontPage 2000. This created errors like:

"Server error: cannot rename hh73019.zip."

This kills the publication process. I am wondering if it is certain firewalls or some other security system that rejects a zipped exe from getting in by some paths.

Do some security systems detect and block an exe file? What security method do that?.

Information will be appreciated, Stan Hilliard.

Reply to
Stan Hilliard
Loading thread data ...

a lot of utm firewalls will block exe files, irregardless of vendor as most can do it and it depends whether the companies policy is to allow or block exe files.

most people prefer publications in pdf format.

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

Email servers can have proxy software that will block such an email or they will strip it out of the email and tell you it has been stripped. They can also do the strip if you're sending an email out too.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.