Cyberguard TSP with load director from Secure Computing

Hello,

Our organization has been having the most difficult time getting a Cyberguard TSP with load director to load-balance properly. We are at the latest patch 6.4.2 and we've had all kinds of problems. For one, we've seen frames arrive at the interface of the firewall but the firewall does not pick it up even though the destination MAC address matches that interface's MAC address. Because the packets don't make it to the CPU, there's no log of it. It is NOT a firewall rule issue and this issue happens when load-balancing is turned off ... it is an ad-hoc problem which means we have slow connectivity .. TCP retransmissions.

Second issue we have is that the firewall, after upgrading to 6.4.2 is no longer load-balancing properly. When load-balancing is turned on, our mail server queue loads up to 5,000 messages because they cannot get out. When we turn off load-balancing, everything is fine.

They've been a real pain in the butt. We're thinking of dumping them and possibly going with a Sidewinder seeing they run on BSD as opposed to Linux (which is what Cyberguard runs on).

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else has run into these type of issues with these firewalls....... I've got management to deal with and these issues are making me look bad (even though it has nothing to do with me).

FYI... I never picked these firewalls to begin with...

Reply to
me
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.