BlackIce Firewall Question

I just recently installed blackice 2.9 on my system.

After installing - I went to the ShieldsUp website and ran a port scan test. They told me that all my ports were STEALTH. Yet - they gave me a Failed Test - explaining that they received a ping from my computer.

They said ----> Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED) - Your system REPLIED to our Ping (ICMP Echo) requests, making it visible on the Internet. Most personal firewalls can be configured to block, drop, and ignore such ping requests in order to better hide systems from hackers. This is highly recommended since "Ping" is among the oldest and most common methods used to locate systems prior to further exploitation.

I went to my blackice softeare ... but I do not have a clue on how to configure it to block, drop or ignore ping requests. Does anyone know enough so you could possibly walk me through the process?

Thanks in Advance!

Boy

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **

----------------------------------------------------------

formatting link

Reply to
Boy Meets Web
Loading thread data ...

Here's a link that should get you what you want:

formatting link

Reply to
Kerodo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.