FC connector key width

I'm rejiggering my test setup to use FC/APC connectors, and I notice in the OFR catalogue that their barrel connectors come in two flavours, narrow-slot (2.0 mm) and wide-slot(2.14 mm). I gather that the narrower ones are good for APC because they reduce fretting and so on, but I don't know whether these barrels play well with other types (say normal FC or FC/PC).

Are normal FC barrel connectors suitable for APC, or should I replace the ones I have? And if so, should I get narrow or wide types?

Thanks,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs
Loading thread data ...

Narrow is fine if APC mating is onl yconcern. Wide is sometimes preferable for polarization maintaining by I never measured to see for myself. If you don't care about PM, then try to use the most popular type to make life easy down the road (Key width -Conn. 1.98-2.02mm, Keyway width -Adapt/Receptacle 2.03-2.07mm). Resources: Seiko, Senko, etc.

Reply to
case

Thanks, that's helpful.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.