Nortel BPS2k & BS5510 Radius attributes

Looking for Radius dictionaries that might contain the correct attributes for dynamically assigning VLANs based on a 802.1x authentication.

I have .1x working with FreeRadius, but I would like to test dynamic VLAN assignment, and I want to try to get this working with my existing Radius server.

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate them. Thx.

-mike

Reply to
Michael Roberts
Loading thread data ...

Might have better luck posting this to comp.dcom.sys.bay-networks.

I added it to my reply here.

Reply to
T. Sean Weintz

To set the VLAN membership return the standard RADIUS attribute "Tunnel-Pvt-Group-ID". Also, set "Tunnel-Medium-Type" to "802"

Good Luck.

Reply to
zevzeg

Yup, I got it working. Thanks for the info.

I thought I would throw something else out here. The Radius accounting/logging information is lacking with the BPS2k and BS5510. We have a large Nortel WLAN implementation (Airespace) and the 802.1x authentication information that system provides is a dream. The 2270WSS switches not only provide user and time of auth, but also the end user's MAC address. I have a feature request into the Nortel to add this functionality into the BPS2k and BS5510 line, but I thought I would ask you all if you had ideas as well. Thx.

-mike

Reply to
Michael Roberts

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.