maximum copy size

I've been trying to copy an 8meg folder from one computer to another on an ethernet connection. I'm unable to copy it all at once. I assume that there's some size limit.

Was wondering what the size limit is or if there's some way to copy the whole folder at once? We're using win98 and transferring from a thinkpad (laptop) to a dell pentiumII tower.

Reply to
*selah*
Loading thread data ...

In article ,

*selah* wrote: :I've been trying to copy an 8meg folder from one computer to another on :an ethernet connection. I'm unable to copy it all at once. I assume that :there's some size limit.

There is no inherent file transfer size limit in ethernet, tcp, or udp.

:Was wondering what the size limit is or if there's some way to copy the :whole folder at once? We're using win98 and transferring from a thinkpad :(laptop) to a dell pentiumII tower.

I would suggest you check with one of the windows newsgroups; the problem is at the Windows layer.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

What is SOCKS proxy server?

SOCKS is a networking proxy protocol that enables hosts on one side of

a SOCKS server to gain full access to hosts on the other side of the

SOCKS server without requiring direct IP-reachability. SOCKS is often

used as a network firewall, redirecting connection requests from hosts

on opposite sides of a SOCKS server. The SOCKS server authenticates

and authorizes requests, establishes a proxy connection, and relays

data between hosts.

formatting link

Reply to
chimique

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.