How to extract required data from pcap files & store them in .mat (MATLAB) format

Hi all

i am new to this group. i have pcap trace files containing netflow data. i want to extract src ip & dst ip address columns from the pcap files & store the extracted data in .mat format. The .mat format is the format which MATLAB reads. the whole idea is to extract src ip & dest ip addreses , then try some compression algorithms to compress these data. For trying compression algorithms, i need to work in MATLAB, that's why the need to extract the required data from pcap files & store them in .mat (MATLAB) format.

Hope someone has a solution for this

Thanks in advance,

Amogh Rajanna

Reply to
amogh
Loading thread data ...

Yah, don't do it that way. Extract the src and destination IP addresses as text, and read that text file in Matlab.

Trying to create a .mat file outside of Matlab is a nuisance, because the file format for .mat files is not simple.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.