avaya cajun p334t and smartbits

Good morning to All and to All Good morning!,

I was assigned to develop a test where I can test the 334t using smart bits. Has anyone ever done this before? I need to shutdown vlan to all ports. Is this possible?

Vous pouvez répondre en français aussi bien, pas problème pour moi.

Those in AFN and rec.ponds: I work for a living can carol do the same?

Reply to
jabriolusenet
Loading thread data ...

First step would be to figure out how the device is managed. If it is SNMP based, I believe the Scotty Tcl extension would give you what you need (as long as you have the MIBs). Else you need to look at the traffic between your management sw and the device, and try to implement the necessary messages to do the work needed.

Other than that, it should be a walk in the park :-) I've been involved in something like this using both SNMP and a proprietary XML-based protocol. Works like a charm.

Now, whether it is possible to remove all VLANs on the p334t... I would take a look in the manual.

Regards, Geir

Reply to
Geir Gulbrandsen

Now, for some reason I just assumed that you were talking about an automated test... but I realize that you never said anything about that. And you didnt say anything about your previous experience with the SmartBits.

So, a more direct and correct answer to your question:

1. I haven't tested the p334t personally, but I have teste other Ethernet devices. SmartBits would be one of several good choices, its what its made for.
  2. This should be quick and easy to test, and is probably mentioned in the manual.

Regards, Geir

Reply to
Geir Gulbrandsen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.