3Com Superstack 4500 VLAN routing

Hello,

Just wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction. I have a Superstack 4500, and have set up 2 VLANs, but i would like some routing between the devices on each of the VLANs. I do not want to combine the devices on each VLAN, because I do not want some devices getting DHCP addresses from the other DHCP server.

Thanks for any help Graham

Reply to
GW
Loading thread data ...

I can't give you the 3com specific configuration commands for doing it, but the typical approach to IP routing on such devices would be

- create VLANs[1] - configure IP interfaces on those VLAN interfaces[2]

[1] you've done that already [2] check the switch docs at
formatting link
for details (ip address ...) - enable and configure a BOOTP/DHCP relay#fn# not needed if you have a DHCP server in each of your subnets
Reply to
Denis Jedig

I can't give you the 3com specific configuration commands for doing it, but the typical approach to IP routing on such devices would be

- create VLANs[1]

- configure IP interfaces on those VLAN interfaces[2]

- enable and configure a BOOTP/DHCP relay[3]

[1] you've done that already [2] check the switch docs at
formatting link
details (ip address ...) [3] not needed if you have a DHCP server in each of your subnets
Reply to
Denis Jedig

Thats exactly what you do.

PT

Reply to
PT

3com 4500 series config guide ...

formatting link
I from that under the main 4500 support page ...

formatting link
BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.