why do my pc see voice traffic

The computer is behind a 7940 ip phone, each directly connected to a

3550 PoE switch. (switched network) they use different vlan

See config on the Access switch

interface FastEthernet0/2 switchport access vlan 20 switchport mode access switchport voice vlan 21 mls qos trust device cisco-phone mls qos trust cos auto qos voip cisco-phone spanning-tree portfast

on the 6500 multilayer switch

mon-rs-01#sh ip int brief Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol

...(truncated)... Vlan20 10.1.20.2 YES NVRAM up up Vlan21 10.11.20.2 YES NVRAM up up

When launching Ether Real from my computer, and selecting the promiscuous mode options, I see all traffic from the phone devices talking to other phones or other voice application servers. I never had this before, and I should not.

I m wondering it it s not a config somewhere in the ip phone ? wich would work like a hub.

Any ideas ??

Reply to
nini
Loading thread data ...

Can you verify that your phone is in fact getting the proper VLAN assignment? We hardcode or VLANs in the phone. I believe your phone is in the wrong VLAN (or somewhere there is a VLAN misconfig). On a side note, I use Polycom phones and they are switches, not hubs..does Cisco set their devices up differently (meaning they are true hubs)?

Reply to
yvanog

This is done by the phone, not the switch. To turn off the voice traffic from being seen by the PC, in CallManager, under the phone configuration, set "PC Voice VLAN Access" to disabled.

formatting link
Scott

Reply to
thrill5

in fact it is the solution.

thanks

but i couldn' acces your link. it asked me for credentials.

i guess that cco credentials are different from cisco.com guest as i am.

Reply to
nini

In some cases you can just take out the "customer/" component.

This one is OK.

formatting link
There is BTW also a "partner/" directory that is also secured and can be removed sometimes too.

Reply to
anybody43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.