whats with the cisco 1801 shortage?

I've had one now on back order for 2 months and I'm told Tech Data and Ingram wont have them before Christmas. They simply cannot be found (at a reasonable price, those who have them are gouging). I don't understand why Cisco is having a problem manufacturing these (or are they replacing them with something new?) Does anyone have a recommendation for another sub $1000 business class DSL router with VPN and wireless?

Reply to
RobR
Loading thread data ...

Hi Rob,

You may wish to investigate the current inventory availability and list pricing of SMARTnet Eligible Cisco Factory Refurbished.

This inventory availability of 2,678 Cisco Factory Refurbished Part Numbers is updated twice daily:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks, no 1801s unfortunately and I'll probably be pulling the trigger on something today or tomorrow. Looking at a Xincom XC-DPG603 and a separate AP, but still doing my DD on my options. This is a new area for me.

Reply to
RobR

Rob,

An ADTRAN Netvanta 1224R solution with a 5 year warranty would come in under your $1,000 target price.

1224R with the VPN software and ADSL module, Data Sheet:

formatting link
Call Reggie Grant Toll Free: 877-549-2680 or 828-277-7272 for your price quote.

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Power Supply Headquarters

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks, just bought a Zyxel ZyWall 35 though.

Reply to
RobR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.