VRF ?

Been reading a little on vrf.

I have an extranet environment and have some customers wanting to put their router in our site. I want to have them connect back into our router through a layer2 switch VLANed for each customer having a separate subnet. We will do NAT, customer will see a NAT IP for each service on our internal network and we will NAT customers real IP(s) behind a NAT range of IP's.

I was wanting to do all the NAT on one router each way. Need to do Hide/Overload NAT going in each direction along with static NAT definitions. However I anticipate that there could be customers with same IP range so routing back to the customer would be more difficult, overload does not seem to be available going from outside to inside interface.

I know vrf was not designed for this but looks like could work with NAT to isolate customer traffic to a virtual router interface and routing would be easier. Just never played with vrf and do not understand everything yet.

Anyone ever setup any vrf, and/or Extra nets do anything similar ?

Thanks

Reply to
MC
Loading thread data ...

Hi MC,

You may wish to directly contact Harold Ritter, Dual CCIE No. 4168 Service Provider / Routing & Switching.

Harold is responsible for helping Cisco top-tier Service Provider customers and would welcome your inquiry.

Email:

hritter (at) cisco (dot) com

Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.