VPN traffic routing

Hi

I hace created a VPN tunnel between an cisco 831 en cisco 1841. Sofar so good.

Now I would like to route ALL traffic from the 831 through the tunnel. How can I do this?

I use SDM on both devices.

tnx, Ben.

Reply to
Ben Van Cauwenberghe
Loading thread data ...

In article , Ben Van Cauwenberghe wrote: :I hace created a VPN tunnel between an cisco 831 en cisco 1841. Sofar so :good.

:Now I would like to route ALL traffic from the 831 through the tunnel. How :can I do this?

You can't. The encapsulating VPN packets themselves must go to (be routed to) your WAN router. You don't want *ALL* traffic *from* the

831 to go through the VPN, you want all traffic from your LAN to go through the VPN -- the difference being what happens to traffic generated by the 831 itself [such as the VPN packets, and icmp ttl-exceeded, icmp unreachable, spanning tree, and so on.]

:I use SDM on both devices.

On the 831, define the tunnel destination as "any", and the tunnel source as the internal IP range of the 831. On the 1841, define the tunnel destination as the internal IP range of the 831, and the tunnel source as "any". And set up appropriate NAT on the 1841 so that the internal IPs of the 831 range are translated into public IPs when they leave the 1841 destined for the world at large.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.