VPN Question

I am looking into a 3030 VPN concentrator for people to be able to connect in remotely. They will of course have their own External IP addresses. The concern I am having is that if they share internal network address is user A has 192.168.1.x and user B has 192.168.1.x configured on their home net that there will be a VPN conflict. Since the nets cant be reconfigured do I have any option to make this work without causing an address conflict. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
dnuckle
Loading thread data ...

Forgive me if I'm not understanding your concern correctly, but you are talking about two different users who are remote who are in two different home networks but happen to share the same IP address range. While they do share the same network, they are behind a gateway router that is NATing (network address translation) their connection. In short, their 'source' address will be the external interface of the router, which will be a unique external IP address. The situation you describe is not an issue. I have run several 3000 series concentrators with thousands of VPN connections without issue....many of which are connecting from linksys/dlink/netgear routers (no doubt). Hope this helps.

Reply to
Trendkill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.