VPN consentrator connection over TCP port 10000

How would I setup VPN consentrator to suppot Cisco VPN client connection over TCP port 10000? All I would like to prove a concept. If anyone would be nice to list the commands it would be really apprecated. Thank you Al

Reply to
Al
Loading thread data ...

In article , Al wrote: :How would I setup VPN consentrator to suppot Cisco VPN client :connection over TCP port 10000? All I would like to prove a concept. If :anyone would be nice to list the commands it would be really :apprecated.

I doubt you can do that at all. For backwards compatability, the client can talk on *UDP* 10000.

formatting link

These days, though, why not just use standard NAT-T on UDP 4500 ?

Reply to
Walter Roberson

I have a problem with connecting multiple Cisco VPN clients that are behind a firewall to a VPn concentrator. At the moment only 1 person can connect. Thank You

Reply to
Al

In article , Al wrote: :I have a problem with connecting multiple Cisco VPN clients that are :behind a firewall to a VPn concentrator. At the moment only 1 person :can connect.

That's a standard problem. Turn on NAT Traversal (the link shows how), and make sure that UDP 500 and UDP 4500 are open.

Without NAT-Traversal being on, ESP (IP Protocol 50) is used, and since ESP has no 'port', very few firewalls are able to NAT more than one internal ESP source to a shared IP address. NAT-T encapsulates ESP within UDP and so works fine with PAT (Port Address Translation.)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.