Subnet masks and VPN Client...

Hi,

I have seen some variations over this theme, but nothing that can help me directly with this:

My Cisco 2611XM runs IOS v12.3(20), C2600-ADVSECURITYK9-M, and has a VPN module installed. I want to use the Cisco VPN Client v4.8.01.0300 towards it, and have assigned a part of my private (inside) subnet as an address pool. However, I am running into the usual problem: My computer running VPN client receives an adress as it should, but the subnet mask is 255.0.0.0 (because my inside subnet uses 10.x.x.x adressing). This is fine for reaching the subnet itself, but I have several other 10.x.x.x subnets inside my router, and really would like to assign the proper mask 255.255.255.0 to the connected computer. (Also, I don't want to assign a 192.168.x.x range for the VPN client pool if I can help it, it breaks my addressing scheme...)

I used this page to help configuring the router:

formatting link
(may require a CCO account). Picture 10 shows where to input the subnet mask for sending to the client. Mine doesn't have this option. Likewise, the command listing further down on the page includes this passage:

crypto isakmp client configuration group vpn !--- Defines the pre-shared key as sdmsdm. key sdmsdm pool SDM_POOL_1 netmask 255.255.255.0

This "netmask" command isn't available on my router. So the question then is:

Do I have the wrong IOS image? OR Is this option available only on a 36xx router (for which the article was written)? OR Is there something else I need to enable/disable in my config first? (The "ip classless" command sprang to mind, but didn't help...)

Thanks, Jonas

Reply to
Jonas Hamre
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.