VLAN, switch, router

Hello,

I wonder if it will work as expected; any advice will be helpful

Got:

1 RJ45 in router (1750) 24 RJ45 in switch (1900)

I would like to provide two offices with with internet access basen on this equipment. My imagination is:

- On router's port there will be 2 VLANs with different IP adressess (VLAN 10 - 192.168.10.1 and VLAN 20 -

192.168.20.1)

- On switch's ports one trunk port for VLAN 10&20, and one additional port configured for VLAN 10 and one for VLAN 20

- Router would be connected with the switch via one cable and trunk port

Goal to achieve is to provide both offices with separate networks & make impossible to use IP address assigned to office1 in office2 and vice versa. According to the above, in office1, having VLAN10 and IP range 192.168.10.0/24 will it be possible to use IP address from office2's pool? Idea is that all computers connected to switch port in VLAN10 should have IP addresses from range 192.168.10.0/24..

Question is: if somebody would set up manually IP from pool 192.168.20.0/24 in the network connected to port in VLAN1 (on switch), will this machine be able to reach internet?

Hopefully I was clear with explanation :) If not let me know please, will be more verbose.

regards t.

Reply to
serwan
Loading thread data ...

Nope.

Regards

Reply to
Nicolaj Kamensek

No thsi is not possible with provided hardware. For this you need Switch with mac-address VLAN assignments.

CK

snipped-for-privacy@gdzies.tam.na.il.pw.edu.pl wrote:

Reply to
CK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.