Upgrading code on 3760... in stack mode.

Hey Guys,

I have a 3 member stack, which I'd like to upgrade code to each of the switches in the near future.

What is the correct way to approach this ?

Details on the following would be great:

1. TFTP-ing code is simple. How would I point the a slave to use newly uploaded code ? (i.e. in a similair manner as using the boot system flash:xxxx.bin command)

Thoughts ?

Reply to
fonzii
Loading thread data ...

In article , fonzii wrote: :I have a 3 member stack, which I'd like to upgrade code to each of the :switches in the near future.

:What is the correct way to approach this ?

Update to the master. The master will update the others [if I recall correctly.] The master ensures that all the versions are in sync.

Note: when I reviewed the relevant documents a number of months ago, if the master was EMI, it would update any SMI clients to EMI: the administrator is responsible for ensuring that any such update falls within the license/contract terms [i.e., you've paid for the upgrade.]

:Details on the following would be great: :1. TFTP-ing code is simple. How would I point the a slave to use newly :uploaded code ?

Automatic as I recall.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.