Two ISP topology

Hi all,

I have a bit of configuration problem with my cisco router. I think it should be something simple, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. This is the scenario: We have to sites, one in NY and one in Argentina. We are using a Cisco Pix in NY and a cisco router in the other site. This two devices are currently connected using a VPN and also each site accept connection from cisco vpn clients for roaming users. The thing is that for backup and also to have more bandwith we get a second link from a different ISP, and what we want to do is having all the traffic to the open internet going trougth one link and all the VPN traffic in the other interface. This will be: interface FE 0/1.1 >>> VPN traffic interface FE 0/1.2 >>> internet traffic. This is done also, my question is regarding the posibility to configure FE 0/1.2 (open internet traffic) as a backup link for the VPN meaning that if the link from ISP 1 (the one for VPN traffic) goes down it should automatically switch the vpn to the other interface. If someone have done this already it will be a great help if you could tell me which system have you used or how did you accomplish this. One thing that I cannot find is, what happend if I applied the same crypto map to two different interfaces in the cisco router?, Will it build the tunnel with the pix trought both, ISP 1 and 2? In case it does, what policy the router will use to send the traffic? Regards. And thanks in advance.

Reply to
agustincc
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate this example:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

The feture you may wish to review is known as Reliable Static Routing Backup

see Cisco doc Reliable Static Routing Backup Using Object Tracking:

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

formatting link

Reply to
Agustin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.