Support Contracts on Cisco products

Does anyone know how to get a support contract for a Cisco837 router.

This is a personnal piece of equipment that I have at home and is not part of any business. Everywhere I've asked seems to be geared towards business customers.

The 837 is a SOHO product though and I'm a member of the public not a business.

How do I get support on this router? What is it likely to cost?

Reply to
John Chajecki
Loading thread data ...

John Chajecki schrieb:

any business.

The 830 series is in the cheapest SMARTnet Category 1.

Registering the SMARTnet contract is a nightmare for a home user, if you don't buy from a Cisco Partner that does it for you.

If your 837 does not have 64MB RAM, forget it. Only for the 64MB models there is still development of the IOS image. The old (?) 48MB max models are stuck with 12.3(11)T

Reply to
Uli Link

A very easy way for an at-home user to get a SmartNet contract is to go to

formatting link
and do a search for PKG1. That will list all the available contracts for your router and you can choose the support level you are comfortable with.

Lots of other web sites will sell you a contract as well & maybe even cheaper, but I used CDW as they have personnel dedicated to the whole Cisco 'thang' from hardware to software to contracts. They'll get your contract pushed through the Cisco bureaucracy pretty quickly.

Do know that most contracts will not only give you access to IOS downloads, but a warranty on the hardware & any Cisco-branded flash & RAM you may have installed as well.

Reply to
gray.wizard

Thanks, this is what I wanted to know. Will investigate further.

Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Hodgson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.