SIP phones registration in Cisco Unified Call Manager Express

Hi all!

I have a pair of questions that I would like somebody expert in CUCME (Cisco Unified Call Manager Express) to answer:

1. According to what I have read so far, it seems that the only way to register a SIP phone regardless of being Cisco or non-Cisco is to previously configure in CUCME its MAC address along with user alias and authentication. So everything must be statically configured beforehand and a particular user is statically assigned to a particular device. I find it very rigid and a bit disappointing in my oppinion because in my company we have no fixed desktop and we have an Alcatel VoIP solution. You can log-in in any device you find with your username and password and transform it in your extension automatically (it is like Mobile Extension capability) with no previous confiuration at the PBX. There is no static and permament assignation between device and end user, which I find very flexible and confortable. Is it possible to implement it easily in a CUCME as well?

1. Does anybody know how to register H.323 endpoint in the CUCME? I would like CUCME implement a inner gatekeeper in the same way as the SIP registrar does.

Sorry for this long post and thanks for your attention. It is really appreciated.

Reply to
vhuertas
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.