Sessions on CSS 11500

Hello I'm experiencing troubles with a Cisco load balancer CSS 11500 (software version 8.10).

The local sessions reported by the balancer for the servers are wrong; if the balancer says 10 local connections I found 20 connections on the server, if the balancer says 100 I found over 350 connections on the server and so on. I have adjusted the "max connections" parameter for each service (referring to a server) on the balancer, but it doesn't work, because the sessions on the servers grow up indiscriminately (more over the value of the "max connections").

How can I obtain an 1:1 ratio between the session on the balancer and the session on the server?

Anyone has an idea to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Bye.

R84

ps: sorry for my bad written english (well...spoken is really worst).

Reply to
ringmeister84
Loading thread data ...

What information are you basing the connection information on the server? What type of service are you balancing (HTTP, some other TCP connection) Is it possible that users are connecting directly to the server instead of going through the CSS?

If you think you have a serious problem, I would suggest you open a TAC case.

Reply to
Thrill5

Thanks for the reply, Scott!!!

Well, I get connections information for the server via the "netstat" and the "ps" command (to see also which connections and tasks belong to a user); anyone knows if there's a best way to do that?

I'm balancing serveral distinct services as SMTP, HTTP, POP and IMAP and I'm experiencing the same problem with all.

Before opening a TAC I would exclude faults or a mistakes in the configuration of the load balancer or of the servers.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks.

Bye.

R84

Thrill5 ha scritto:

Reply to
ringmeister84

I hope your not counting connections in "TIME_WAIT" status. These are closed connections. The "TIME_WAIT" are the closed connections but the ports not given back to the system pool of available ports until after a period of time has elapsed.

Scott

Reply to
Thrill5

Thanks for the replay Scott!

Well...can you explain me how I can end the TIME_WAIT connections? I have serious problems , cause the servers are falling down frequently...they have more than 700 connections, and sometimes it's also impossible to contact them via SSH (and in these cases the only thing to do is physical reset and reboot)!

Any idea?

Thank you!

Bye R84

Thrill5 ha scritto:

Reply to
ringmeister84

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.