LDAP Problem on Content Server Switch (CSS)

Hello All,

Couldn't find any other Cisco groups...

We have a large LDAP deployment using Sun's Directory Server product, available to clients from a set of Cisco CSS devices.

Recently we've been having performance issues with clients that issue a large number of connections, i.e. they're not utilizing Connection Pooling or reusing connections, and place a large network load on the infrastructure.

Are there any configurable parameters on the CSS which would be thought to have an impact on performance in a case like this? We've been down the TCP tuning road on the LDAP servers themselves and have not yet had any luck.

Thanks in Advance! Cheers, Paul

Reply to
sn3ak3rp1mp
Loading thread data ...

Hi Paul,

You may also wish to investigate the Cisco Content Networking Forum.

Caching, SSL acceleration, server load balancing, content delivery, live and on-demand streaming:

formatting link
and the Tek-Tips Sun Microsystems Servers Forum:

formatting link
as well as the Tek-Tips Sun Solaris Forum:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks Brad, I'll do some more digging. /me hopes the Cisco forums are not support subscription based ;-) Cheers, Paul

Reply to
sn3ak3rp1mp

Paul,

Those are free.

You may also wish to personally contact Cisco's Content Networking Expert.

Mr. Gilles Dufour, Dual CCIE No. 3878 Security / Routing and Switching.

Email: gdufour *at* cisco.com

Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Repair

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.