Remove "switchport mode dynamic desirable"

Hi all,

I have just deleted the config from a Catalyst 3550-24 to restore it to factory settings.

From some reason all ports, both FastEthernet and GigabitEthernet have

"switchport mode dynamic desirable" enabled by default.

I am used to seeing unconfigured switches with running configs similar to:

! interface FastEthernet0/1 ! interface FastEthernet0/2 ! interface FastEthernet0/3

And not:

! interface FastEthernet0/1 switchport mode dynamic desirable ! interface FastEthernet0/2 switchport mode dynamic desirable ! interface FastEthernet0/3 switchport mode dynamic desirable

Any suggestions how I can remove this option? "no switchport mode dynamic desirable" does not seem to work.

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
thefunnel
Loading thread data ...

I haven't got a 3550 here to try but one of the other switchport mode options will be the default and when set to the default option then the command is not shown in the config.

Regards,

Nick Ersdown

Reply to
Nick Ersdown

Hi..

'switchport mode dynamic desirable' is to enable the port dynamically for trunking for current or future use.

for any particular port on this switch, if you are connecting it to a

1. workstation / server : use these comands config -if#switchport mode access config -if#spanning-tree portfast

1. To connect to other switches (for STP participation) config -if#switchport mode access

2. If you want use the port as trunk

leave that command on..

optionally for servers, you may also want to use spanning-tree bpdu guard HTH Gibs

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
gibstom

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.